Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Tuesday Ramblings

Today is Tuesday and I'm sitting on the couch covered in a rash. Y'all staying away from cinnamon is hard. It's in things I had no idea it would be in. And it's not always listed. Sometimes ingredient lists will just say 'natural spices'. I try to stay away from those things. However, every now and then it slips. 

I also tried to clean out my scentsy like burner but I don't think I got all of the cinnamon oil out of the burner. 

Soooo basically I ate cinnamon on accident this weekend when I ate something someone else cooked and then I burned year old cinnamon oil which I thought I had cleaned out. 

Fun times guys, fun times. I'm trying to not be too pessimistic but today sucks. I hate the way steroids make me feel but I love how they get rid of my rash. 

After the new year when I'm no longer reactive I'm going to go back in for a full allergy test again. I had one years ago but it's been a while. I want to make sure there are no new allergies that have come out of nowhere. 

I think I'm also getting an epi-pen today. It's kind of scary! I never thought I'd be one of 'those' people with an epi-pen. I mean that's for serious allergies, I thought I was more of the hay fever variety. 

My allergy has also made me appreciate food labeling. Why people don't have to list every spice I don't know. I don't care if you only use 1/16th of a teaspoon or just a dash. Tell me it's in there!!

I also have a new appreciation for people with severe allergies to more common things. Like nuts, peanuts, etc. I read on a forum I was looking at about someone with a pepper allergy! Black pepper! Can you imagine. They said they basically couldn't go out to eat any more. Allergies are so weird. 

That's all I've got today. You can find me on the couch with my tub of steroid cream. 

I skipped boot camp this morning but I really want to go for my 1 mile run tomorrow. It makes me feel better in general when I get outside for a bit. So we shall see. Hopefully the steroids work quick!!

3 comments:

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

How awful to be allergic to such a common ingredient! Feel better.

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh, so many times ingredient statements only list "spices" or "natural flavors" so theres really no way of knowing! That sucks! And there is a surplus of cinnamon stuff this time of year I'm sure. I hope that stuff kicks in fast and you're feeling better soon!

Lauren said...

Oh no, so sorry hope you feel better soon girl!