Friday, July 26, 2013

This Week

It's been a long one. The kind where you count down the hours until you get to do nothing but sit on your couch. 

I've been trying to take advantage of the fact that it's summer and light out for so long recently. Usually I hate summer but this year I haven't been that bothered by the heat. Well walking the dogs in the afternoon is a bear. I was sweating so much last night. And I think we were outside for like 10 minutes. Their little tongues were hanging and they both kept pulling to go home. Sad when they don't want to be outside!

But, to get back on track, these past few weeks I've been busier than usual trying to do things that don't involve tv (we still don't miss it) and the internet. 

This week I got up at 5:30 every day but Wednesday, yay! Last week I only got up at 5:30 three days. Maybe soon it will be like second nature? I completed week 1 of the couch to 5k. And I'm (kind of) excited to start week 2. I'm actually looking forward to the challenge. Well I am now because I'm not actually running :) Check back next week! The Color Run is coming to MB in November and I'm really hoping by then I can run a 5k in 40 minutes or less. Well maybe jog, we'll see. I figure after I finish c25k I can then work on speed and distance. And hopefully this time I don't get a weird allergic reaction like right before the last one I wanted to run!!

The dogs and I have also been going to the dog park at least 3 afternoons a week. Until this week when I had a dog Mom fail. Apparently they park is only closed 5 days a year, and yesterday and today are two of them. The dogs were very disappointed when we got to the park and the gate was chained shut. Lady just looked at me like are you serious? They were not happy with me and didn't want to leave. I made it up to them with a turkey hot dog (nitrate/nitrite free!) when we got home. 

Basically, I'm never home anymore. However, I have also managed to cook dinner every night! Go me :) Last night we had beef stir fry. It was so tasty. I wish we had leftovers. I might have to make it again!

Also you should read my friend Erin's blog. This weekend I'm going to try and make her award winning pie! Matt is very excited about this. He loves anything banana!

Robin mentioned pumpkin spice lattes the other day and now fall is all I can think about. As much as I'm loving summer I can't wait for some boots and scarves! I've been placing scarves in shopping carts from random stores in my down time all week. I think I have a scarf obsession!

Hope everyone has a great weekend :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor sad doggies! But at least they got a turkey hot dog.

I want a pumpkin spice frappuccino, too! And the white chocolate peppermint that comes out in winter.

R's Rue said...

Love pumpkin spice too!
www.rsrue.blogspot.com