Friday, November 9, 2012

Robin from Our Carolina Days nominated me for the Liebster Blog Award. I've received it before so rather than doing everything I'm just going to answer her fun questions. Because it's more fun on a Friday to do that then think, haha. 

Facts about me:
1. I hate onions. They are the one food I won't ever touch. And don't try to sneak it by me, I'll be able to tell! 
2. The sound of people picking their nails drives me up the wall. 
3. I've moved about 27 times in my life! And no I'm not a good packer because of it, haha. 
4. I never thought I would get married before I met Matt. 
5. I like my dogs more than some people. 
6. I drink at least 4 cups of hot tea a day. Pumpkin spice is my favorite, even in the middle of the summer. 
7. I love doing laundry, but hate putting it away. 
8. I'm a candle junkie. Even though I can only use fragrance free now it hasn't stopped my love. There's just something about candle light. 
9. I'm terrified of spiders. Like frozen in place, screaming afraid. They give me the heebie jeebies, haha. 
10. My purse and work bag come together to be a mini-pharmacy. I am always ready for anything. Got a cold? A headache? Throat hurt? I've got something to help! 
11. I've been to Cuba. My grandparents were stationed at Gitmo in the late 80s and early 90s. I went for Thanksgiving in 1990. It was quite the experience and I'm very glad I got the chance to go!

Questions for my nominations:
1. If you could change an event in a book/movie/TV series, what would it be?

Hmmmmm, this is a hard one! I didn't want any of the people who died in the last Harry Potter book to die. I would have them all survive.

2. If everyone in the world was going to read your next blog post, but all you could do was share a quote, what quote would you want everyone to read?

Oh wow! I think: "Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things." Robert Brault

I think people everywhere need to be reminded to slow down and enjoy life. 

3. What is the worst or most strange gift you have ever received? What did you do with it?

In high school I got this pack of off brand weird flavored bon bons in a White Elephant gift exchange. I think we opened them and tried one or two at New Years and then threw them out, because they were gross.

4. If you could say anything to anyone from high school right now, what would it be?

Probably letting them know that I've learned to forgive them for being so mean to me in high school. High school was not a fun time for me!

5. What charity/organization would you donate a million dollars to if you could?

I would split it between the Red Cross and Humane Society. I would probably split it among many more in reality. There are so many great charities out there!

6. You are given to power to turn into an animal at will. What animal do you choose?

Sea turtle!

7. What advice would you give to someone who has just graduated from high school?

Go to community college first. You don't have to decide what you want to major in or do right away. Enjoy your general ed classes and find something you really excel at!

8. Do you have a "go-to" dinner recipe - something that is always well-liked and/or is easy to make on short notice?

Buffalo turkey burgers! Matt loves them and so do I. You just mix turkey burger meat with buffalo sauce, shredded cheddar, 2 tablespoons of ranch of blue cheese dressing and chipotle bread crumbs and then cook  until done on grill. Oh my gosh these are so good!

9. This is a common question, but I like it. If you could have dinner with any famous person who is alive or dead, who would it be?

Rachel Carson.
10. Is there a discontinued food, drink, toy, or product that you wish was still around?

Um I don't know! I can't think of anything off the top of my head. Probably something from Trader Joe's. There are a lot of things they got rid of that I really liked!

11. What is a pet peeve of yours?

People who aren't on time. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like my dogs more than many people. :)

You chose a good quote.

Megan said...

Your #1 made me laugh! My husband hates onions, too...and I always try to chop them so finely that he can't tell that they are in the recipe! Then I wait and see if he notices and then I brag afterward!! Haha!!