Thursday, April 19, 2012

New Recipe

I read a lot of food blogs and I amass so many recipes that some times I can't remember where I get them from. The other day I saw this recipe as a pin on Pinterest. 


I liked it but to be honest I didn't have the ingredients at home and I didn't feel like leaving the house. Soooo...I improvised :) I'm also trying to use all the food we have right now before buying more so that we don't end up with a ton of food to move. 

When going through the fridge and cabinets I found: 
Chicken (1 lb)
Cajun seasoning (pre-made, to taste)
Cream of mushroom soup (1 can)
A package of frozen creamed spinach (1 10oz pkg)
Sprinkle cheddar cheese (1/4 to 1/2 cup)

Kind of random, right? But, I decided to go for it, haha. 

I cleaned the chicken up and put it in a foil lined baking sheet and sprinkled it with Cajun season liberally (depends on how spicy you want it). Then I mixed the spinach and soup in a bowl and microwaved it for 3 minutes. After microwaving I poured it over top the chicken and used a spoon to spread it out evenly. I put it in a oven pre-heated to 425 degrees and cooked it for about 35 minutes. After that I took it out and sprinkled it with cheese. I put it back in the oven until the cheese melted. I served it with white rice. 

I have a picture and I have to get it off my phone and then I will post it :)

We're having leftovers tonight for dinner, yum! :) And Matt liked it, which means it will probably get put in to rotation. He'll eat whatever, but I'm always really excited when I find something that he reallly likes!

No comments: