Sunday, August 11, 2013

Weekly Exercise Rundown!

I'm trying to keep myself accountable for working out and while I keep a log (and my gym does too!) I thought I'd also write a little bit more about my exercise on the blog too!

I currently track Sunday to Saturday

Sunday I 'ran' 2 miles

Monday was week 4 day 1 of C25K and I think I did 1.5 miles

Tuesday was 'boot camp' at the gym

Wednesday was week 4 day 2 of C25K and I think I did 1.5 miles

Thursday and Friday I took off because I was feeling pretty crappy. 

Saturday I 'ran' 2 miles!

So this week I 'ran' a total of 7 miles! and did one day of boot camp. 

Not too bad!

If I had been feeling better I would have logged another 1.5 miles on Friday and done an extra day of 'boot camp'. 

I've decided to stall my C25K training a little at the week 4 day 3 spot. I'm redoing week 3 day 3 for maybe a week? I guess we'll see how I'm feeling! I can run 5 minutes 'ok' but I feel like I can do better, especially if I keep up the week 3 day 3 for another week (I might do 2 weeks. I'm really not worried about doing this program in the allotted number of weeks. I'm doing what feels comfortable!). 

In week 3 day 3 you do two replicates of a 90 second jog, 90 second walk, 3 minute jog, 3 minute walk. I did the 3 minute jog faster than I've been able to in the past. And between yesterday and today shaved a total of 4 minutes off of my 2 miles!! And part of that 'shaving' was just pushing myself and reminding myself I can do this and that it's not going to be easy. The only person I'm cheating by not pushing myself 100% is myself. Nobody is grading me or keeping log of this but me. So for the past two days I told myself to stop giving myself an easy out and really pushed. And I surprised myself and I could do it!

 I'm hoping to 'run' the 5K in November in somewhere between 40 to 45 minutes. To some that might not seem like that crazy of a goal, but to me it definitely is! So, I'm working on increasing my endurance and speed. Hopefully I'll get to a spot with week 3 day 3 where I'm confident that I can run for 5 minutes at the same speed I can run 3. Because, right now I definitely can't. I can keep it up for about 3 1/2 minutes but then I kind of flake out. 

So that's my immediate goal! After that I will probably stay at week 4 day 3 for a while too. The next week is a big jump to an 8 minute (or 3/4 mile jog) and I have a feeling I'm going to need some practice to get there too! :)

And just as a reminder to myself. My 'boot camp' teacher says this all of the time! :)

Running Running Running

3 comments:

Nichole @ casadecrews.com said...

Amber, you're doing awesome!! I am planning to re-start C25K, again this week. Any advice?

Lauren said...

So awesome and proud of you! Like Nichole I want to start up running again this month, need to get back into shape like whoa! :-)

Erin said...

Go Amber Go!! Great job holding yourself accountable and I know you'll be jogging 4 minutes and then 5 minutes very soon. It will be awesome to look back at your blog a year from now when you're running even more and think of how far you've come! So very proud of you and inspired :)