Saturday, October 27, 2012

Christmas Already?

No I'm not talking about the fact that stores are skipping Halloween and Thanksgiving this year and already selling Christmas items. Nope not going to mention that AT ALL. 

I'm talking about Christmas gifts. I love making people happy and along with that I love buying people things that make them happy. But, sometimes the check book tells me I can't buy them what I want. 

So, this year I'm really working on doing a mix of buying and creating. 

I have quite a few ideas (BUT some people I know in real life who may be getting these gifts read this blog so I can't go in to too much detail) that I'm currently working on. 

First I think I need to take up knitting or crocheting. Anyone want to try and teach me via skype? Haha. I have a lot of yarn and no idea what to do with it. I guess I better start looking for crafts to do with yarn that don't involve any skill. 

I also have some (well more than some ;)) wine corks saved up that I'm going to use to make some Christmas ornaments! 

And this year for the first year ever I'm actually going to reuse some of my old Christmas cards. I feel like I'm the only person who has kept every card since elementary school. And this year they are going to good use! I have some ideas for gifts of decorations and ornaments to make out of them and I'm pretty excited to see how that turns out. 

And last year for Christmas I got a glue gun which I have yet to use. This needs to be remedied! So I'm going to work on putting together a few things for people as well.

 My goal is to spend as little as possible while giving as much as possible! Another way I'm doing that...coupons. Yep, you heard me coupons. Like today I have a coupon for a free candle to Bath and Body works. Every time I get something free like this I put it in a box for Christmas. I have a fairly big box of little odds and ends like that now which is really going to help when I go to figure out what all I'm going to give everyone! :)

I'm also planning on doing some baking/cooking as well. Not sure what this is going to look like but I have some ideas. I really want to try some jarred desserts. I keep seeing them on Pinterest and on top of being cool they are really pretty!

And printables. Who doesn't love a printable, right? And there are a ton of free ones out there! I have a few already printed ready to go in some funky frames I'm hoping to pick up at Goodwill and other thrift stores. I have some paint and sandpaper all ready to redo them when I find the perfect ones!

I'm also planning to give more to charity this year. I have already started giving to some via auto draft (how awesome is that? sad that giving needs to be made easy, but I know for me it means I am so much more likely to give when I can do it that way) and I have plans to give to some local drives that are happening as well. I say this to make myself accountable not to get a pat on the back. 

I just love the Holiday season so much. I wish I could pause time from mid-October to January 1st an make it go as slow as possible!

No comments: