Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Cajun and America

First off 

Hope everyone has a wonderful day and enjoys celebrating America today. 

We're also celebrating Cajun joining our family a few days late around here. We argued about what day we brought him home until I finally was like well I guess I could look at the date on the photos I took. Yup, he came home on July 2nd. Doggie Mom fail! Oh well, he knows we love him!


So it's been a little over a year since we took Lady to the animal shelter and let her pick out her new friend. 

Let me tell you it was quite the adventure. Lady is one picky little girl. She's also a lot feistier than she might look too ;)

We went through 15 dogs before she approved of Cajun. 

I'm pretty sure he got approved because he's a big baby and most definitely nothing close to an alpha male! 

He also happened to be her run mate while they were at the shelter together and I think that helped too. They absolutely love each other now. 

I'm so lucky to have them both in my life. Coming home to these two makes every day better! 


And you've probably seen most of these but here are some pictures from his first year with us!










                      Love you, Cajun! Glad you're part of our family :)

No comments: