Tuesday, February 21, 2012

busy week and some prayer requests

I'm probably not going to have much time to blog after tonight. Life seems to be very busy these days. 

I do have a few prayer requests this week. 

My Grandmother (Sylvia) is having a chemo treatment tomorrow. She actually has an auto-immune disease, Wegener's Granulomatosis. They did both an episode of House and Mystery Diagnosis on Discovery Health about it. The chemo is basically to get her disease back in check. She's only scheduled for two which is good. I know she's worried about it. My sister is going with her and she has a lot of family and friends praying for her :)

Then Thursday my Grandfather (Charles) is having surgery to repair an Abdominal Aneurysm. He's 84 so any surgery at his age is a big deal. It's going to be even harder on my Grandmother to have to sit in a waiting room the day after Chemo. I think they're both going to be needing some prayers that day!

And finally for my Sister (Krystle). She has been having some health issues and right now they have no idea what's going on. She has a test next week to rule out bladder cancer. And then they'll go from there. Right now they know something is wrong but have no idea what. Because we have a history of auto-immune diseases in our family she is being checked for a number of them including Lupus. More than anything we're hoping for an answer so we can switch from testing to treatment!

I'll be travelling home to Virginia on Friday, as a Surprise!!!!, to see my family :) I'm too excited for words! Matt is staying here in SC to take care of the dogs. It means a lot that he's making it easy for me to take this trip. He's the best! :)

If you have a few extra minutes and could say a prayer for my family I would really appreciate it. I can't wait for Friday afternoon when I can see my family and give them all a giant hug.

As luck would have it a friend from back home is having a baby shower and I get to go to that Saturday. I'm so excited it's working out for me to be there. She got pregnant after I moved so I haven't seen her baby bump yet. Although, our other friends tell me it's more like a hill now!!

Hope everyone has a great week!

I hope everyone has a great week and thank you again for the prayers!

No comments: