Saturday, December 31, 2011

change of plans

Well matt has strep throat, therefore our plans for tonight are a changing. he woke me up at like 2 am and told me he needed to go to the doctor because it hurt so bad to swallow. since he never complains i knew it was bad. the test for strep usually takes like 1 min to show positive or negative. His test apparently showed up positive in about 5 seconds. He got some awesome lidocaine mouth wash and some antibiotics. Now it looks like we'll spend new years eve on the couch in pjs! I'm not going to complain though. It will nice to start the new year off with our new family of four :)

I'm not going to do any formal recap of the past year but I will give you a little something :) We started off the year at a party together as boyfriend and girlfriend. We celebrated our 3rd Valentine's together. In March we decided I should apply to a new job in South Carolina. April was a BIG month. Matt had a health scare and got diagnosed as a diabetic, I travelled to SC for a job interview and we got engaged :) May brought our wedding and our big move to SC. The summer flew by with getting used to our new town and adopting our two dogs :) In September we travelled to VA to see family for Labor Day. We spent our first Thanksgiving away from family with friends down here in SC. Then December brought my 30th birthday and travels to VA for Christmas with family. Over all it has been a wonderful year. I'm so thankful for the people (and pets!) in my life. I have a job I love, a great apartment, an amazing husband, two great dogs, some awesome new friends, the best family a girl could EVER ask for and a great set of old friends that can never be replaced.

I'm looking forward to all the great things 2012 can bring! I hope you have a wonderful new year's eve and the new year brings great things for you and your families!! :)

No comments: