Thursday, October 11, 2012

Favorite New Recipe



So at the end of last week I believe I stumbled upon this recipe. I thought it looked good but I didn't have everything I needed to make it. I decided to wing it and see what I could do with that I had :)

I ended up making shredded buffalo turkey on top of baked potatoes. 

The day I decided to make this I also watched an episode of Barefoot Contessa, who doesn't love Ina Garten? She was talking about making the perfect baked potato. I cooked my potatoes in a 350 degree oven for an hour directly on the oven rack. They turned out JUST like restaurant potatoes!

Now on to the meat :) I started by placing a turkey tenderloin in a crock pot with salt, pepper and enough water jut to cover the top of the meat. I cooked it on high for 4 hours. After 4 hours I took it out and shredded it. I put the shredded meat back in the crock pot on warm with 1/2 a cup of the broth, 1/2 cup of hot sauce and 1/4 cup of cheese. I kept it in the crock pot until the cheese was melted. Before I served it I mixed in 2 tablespoons of ranch dressing. 

I served the meat mixture on the baked potatoes halved that I had topped with some sweet corn. Oh my goodness they were so good! 

I of course took not one picture. But, I'll tell you this was so good! And so much healthier than buffalo wings but just as tasty. You should definitely make it!

Ingredients:
1 turkey tenderloin
Salt and pepper to taste
Water to cover tenderloin
1/2 cup hot sauce (like Frank's)
1/4 Cup Cheese
2 tablespoons ranch dressing
1 can sweet corn
2 to 4 russet potatoes

Step 1. Place turkey in crock pot, season with salt and pepper. Cover with water and cook on high for 4 hours. 
Step 2. Place washed potatoes on racks of oven heated to 350 degrees. Cook for 1 hour and remove. 
Step 3. When cooked through remove turkey. Pour off water, retaining 1/2 cup of the broth. Shred turkey. 
Step 4. Place shredded turkey back in crock pot with 1/2 cup broth, 1/2 cup hot sauce, and 1/4 cup of cheese. 
Step 5. Cook sweet corn on stove top until cooked through. 
Step 6. When cheese melted in turkey mixture remove from heat and add ranch dressing. 
Step 7. To serve start with halved baked potato on plate, top with sweet corn and then turkey mixture. 
Step 8. Enjoy!

No comments: